I’m frustrated

Web Acceleration Client Error (509.2)

i sent a email already. this is becoming a everyday thing.....
i would even upgrade for better speed and more allowance but cant see paying exta @200 ish dollars for sub-par. i can teather my laptop off my phone for better internet.
13 people have
this problem
+1
next » « previous
  • MiFi, same computer, same tab just hit retest after switching networks
    Download :: 7.7 Mbps 1 MB/s Upload :: 373 Kbps 47 kB
    • view 3 more comments
    • i tested it now, and seems to be ok, and just to recap, the reason of posting MiFi results is i do not want to hear its my router/computer/wire/*issue* when its not on my end.....
    • Hi Gary, speeds over Satellite will fluctuate and this should be expected. You will also see your speeds slow down during peak time. This is why we can't guarantee your speeds. If you consistently receive 1/2 of your speeds, all day long, then we need to be concerned. If you are seeing slower speeds in the evening during peak time, it's completely normal. If you see your speed fluctuate for a minute or two, then go back above 1/2 this is normal as well. Just to add, when you run speed tests, you will want to look at the average of the series of results and not one individual result when evaluating your speeds.

I'm glad that your speeds have recovered. Again, your Service Plan just doesn't allow you go up past 1000/200 so you really may want to consider upgrading if this is a concern. Suz
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    Suz, i would not be complaining if that was the case, but TIMING OUT was the issue if you forgot read the SUBJECT LINE.It looks like i was not clear with the call. i am not paying any more money to your company until after i see 30 days of good services. i have Gen4 now but still getting past due warnings. To be clear i will not pay another dime until i see 30 days of uninterrupted service. i have paid for many months with poor services. if asking for a credit for months is to much to ask then you can send me box to put your equipment in. i have run out of tollerance.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    In recent years I've had 3 modems, latest 2 being the HN9000.

It's pretty bad when you have to go out to eat where they had free Wi-Fi to update my aps on my iPhone. I'm paing $80 a month for Hughes and it will not enable me to connect to the Ap store because the connection is so slow, it keeps timing out. This has been going on for about a month.

I've called customer service 3 times (average once a week) and it's temporarily fixed and shows I've got good connection. The "TurboPage" is up according to System Control Center. But for 3 weeks System Status has been yellow more than green. However, I think the yellow light finally gave up the ghost after 3 weeks and just stays green now. But I can't visit my bank, can't view my e-mail (have to revert to an older version of that e-mail to view it and THAT'S slow too) took me 20 minutes just to get to the Hughes community. Have to keep re-trying pages constantly. We have several devices including cell phones on wi-fi around here. None of them have much success in getting anything done. I recently got a new laptop with wi-fi and can browse some pages but am unable to update or download on it. I tried connecting the line directly into my laptop, by-passing the router, and still didn't work. So it's not the router. And we all don't get online at the same time either so that's not the problem.

If I could get an alternative service out here I'd jump all over it but there is nothing. I simply want to be done with Hughes and right now if asked I could NOT recommend Hughes to anyone.

btw I'll be amazed if I can actually post this. Facebook is one of those that I cannot connect to at all on my laptop, iffy on the other computers. I might as well be on dial-up. It would be cheaper
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Gen4 Still Trying to understand why testing on Hughes net all test report ok. however wellsfargo.com Facebook.com time out, switch to other ISP, like my MiFi and they work just fine.....
    • Hi Gary, if you are experiencing a single site difficulty, this is not something that a speed test or other tools on the customer side will be able to find so we will need to troubleshoot. I don't see that you've called us yet regarding facebook.com and wellsfargo.com so please expect a call from us this week so that we can get this concern worked out for you. Suz
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Over it
    As i said many time, i am not paying for sub par service, you can close this thread and tell you billing department to stop asking me for money. i am not paying for service i am not getting....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Gary-

We're sorry to hear that you continue to have problems and would love to help work this out for you.

Would you like us to arrange a call back for assistance?

-Rocky
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I've been getting web accel errors for the past 3 months (Gen4). Hughes sent me a new model modem and the problem persists. I usually check the modem ip 192.168.0.1 and see the yellow light under system. Usually I will go to the "i" next to system info and go to web accel, control and reset mbx. That works to restore the green light until the next error. Hughes will have to admit the problem and do something about it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I switched and still get the messages though not as much. I think it's the equipment but you can't tell the people at Hughes that
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• One of the most common problems. I called support, and they indicated my dish was not properly "aligned." But the catch is that I marked, with a file, exactly where the settings were when it was working, so I declined the billable service call and checked myself. The coax connections (after a time they will do this, esp in sun) were loose on the dish. I backed them off, and retightened. Problem solved. But be careful if you try this on your roof or side of house, etc. I'm not saying for you to try this, just that I did, and it worked.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

JR.
    You have to try to understand some stuff.

Connector Loose:
    If you had a proper install, you should not have been able to access those connectors to tighten them because:

They should have been filled with a dialectic grease before they were connected to the "Radio" and THEN covered with a weather proofing covering.:

As far as doing a "Re-align" by using a file mark ....OMG !

Your best (after a Pro install) gauge of "Aim" is your signal strength found in the "system status" page of the modems SCC found by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser.

Here is a fact:
    Your TRIA is set and aimed at a focal point on the dish reflector. Your transmissions are aimed at this point and sent to the Sat. with a "pencil point" concentrated "beam" shot to the satellite 22,300 miles up.

If (as you will be without the aid of a aiming device like a "squinter" or a "DAPT") be off on your aim by as little as 1/4 degree you will "miss" the satellite by 100s of yards if not by miles.

We need not even get into concepts like COB (Center Of Box (google orbital mechanics) that will give you 12 variations)) or Cross Pol values.

To be properly aimed just takes more than a "file mark"
    I WILL give you the fact that 6&7000 systems are setup, moved and aimed by RVers and others on a daily basis.

HN9000 systems aimed at Spaceway3 are just a BEAST to aim no matter what, Gen4 aimed at Echostar17 are better but still ......
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

"They should have been filled with a dialectic grease before they were connected to the "Radio" and THEN covered with a weather proofing covering." Gwalk, thanks. I do indeed have an HN9000. I simply removed the tape, cut the "ties," unscrewed the coax, retightened, checked my signal and Internet, and it was fixed. I retaped the coax with black tape 'til I can replace both cables. I built my own 22x48 greenhouse, maintain my own well, service my own vehicles, etc., etc. So all "I need to understand" is that I'm now up and running. Thanks for the 411, however.
    If you put this kind of thing in an "empirical" box, and isolate the variables, it's not so bad.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pi*sed off
    I have to use my ATT mobile hot spot to post.
    I've had hughes for over 3 yrs and have experienced this web acceleration client error cr*p for a minimum of 10% of my time with hughes.

They always blame my equipment, whether alignment, weather, or obstructions.
    Tech support is scripted and read by folks of different countries barely legible in English.
    They are ignorant of the problems we face and never know of the issues we face.

I am ready to start a campaign for a class action to force a resolution to this ongoing problem.
    Never have I felt so abused by a corporation soley out for profit at the expense of their customers.

I'm so fed up with this cr%p.
    Launch more equipment into space and serve your customers, or get the he*l out of the business.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    My daily routine now (working as a Hughesnet tech without the pay or title) is to reset MBX in the HT1100 Advanced Configuration and Statistics panel in 192.168.0.1 advanced menu, web Acceleration tab every time I get the dreaded Web Acc error. I'm with you...class action or consumer complaints to individual state govt is the only way to force Hughesnet to resolve this problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous