HT1000 Modem and wireless router options

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: -it’s a subscriber-specific issue that’s been resolved/inactive for a long time -it’s inactive and doesn’t provide future value -the info is out of date Archived threads on useful topics will be updated and reposted for all to access.

I just had HughesNet 4g installed. I have a HT1000 modem also. Is this a wireless router also? And if not, what would be the best router to get for this situation?

Thanks for your help....
Photo of Stephen McCleanSM

Stephen McClean

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rocky Lightfoot

Rocky Lightfoot

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Stephen, did you find a solution? Im in the same boat.
Photo of Harry LindenfeldHL

Harry Lindenfeld

• 364 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Rocky I posted a solution in the thread hope it helps you
Photo of Harry LindenfeldHL

Harry Lindenfeld

• 364 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Stephen the HT1000 is not a wireless router. The internal ip address for the HT 1000 is 192.168.0.1 or www.systemcontrolcenter.com
I have a netgear router for my home network its an older n600 model. I can say I've had no problems with the netgear product. Let me remind you that you need to get a router that uses the ip address range of 192.168.1.__ so you don't run into conflicts with the HT1000. I know netgear uses the .1 and not .0
hope this helps
Photo of Tinylea

Tinylea

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Harry, how did you set up your netgear? I have Netgear N150 wireless router. Little help would be appreciated.
Photo of murph.onthehill

murph.onthehill

• 27 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
netgear works well with HT1000. you'll need to start by hard wiring your device(pc,tab,...) with the hughes modem and the netgear wireless router. Does your tab have an ethernet connection ?
Photo of Terry HinesTH

Terry Hines

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Having many issues with my old SMC and looking to upgrade but what a proven
solution.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
What is the best wireless router/Acces point to connet to the Gen4 HT1000?.
Photo of John Taylor

John Taylor

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Now that I am confused enough to stop wanting wireless in my house, is it some big secret how to connect the sat modem to a wireless router? I'll keep looking.
Photo of Ricky

Ricky

• 1209 Posts
  • 777 Reply Likes
John, it is not a big secret as to how to get wireless in your home using HughesNet. Post back here with the Brand of your wireless router along as any other information that may be helpful. Someone who may be able to help you may ask for more information. If you have called HughesNet customer support, post your case # so the moderators will be able to find your account fast. Do not post any information that will identify your account specifically. This is a community forum and not just a board that only HughesNet has access to.

It is Thanksgiving so there will not be any HughesNet employees responding, most likely. You may however get another customer just like myself to reply to you with a solution. There are some very knowledgeable folks here. Give them a chance to help you out.
Photo of Logan RussoLR

Logan Russo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We have tried 2 wireless routers and neither worked with the HT 1000. The one I want to use is D-Link DIR-600 Wireless 150 Router. We set it up but it isn't communicating with the HT 1000 device. Any help would be appreciated.
Photo of Gwalk900

Gwalk900

• 4733 Posts
  • 4895 Reply Likes
Can you be a little more descriptive ?
Did you check to ensure the routers default LAN IP address was something other than 192.168.0.1 ?

Did you double check that the modem was connected to the routers WAN port and not a LAN port ?

if any of the routers had ever been part of a previous network did you do a "factory reset" before using them with the HT1000 ?

Did you try opening a browser and entering 192.168.0.1 ? Did it take to the modems SCC or elsewhere ?

You did of course create a network with a wired connection before attempting to connect wirelessly ?

Did you install any networking software ?

Did you ensure the D-Link had the latest firmware update installed ?

What operating system were you running on the main computer ?

What if any wireless devices did you try to connect ?

What wireless encryption method did you have enabled and do you know for a fact that the method selected is compatible with your wireless device ?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.