HT1100 auto-reconfiguration after signal loss.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
HT1100 modem will not reconfigure after signal loss. I have to always restart from SystemControlCenter or disconnect the power supply....wait..........and reconnect.
Photo of Willie Fred Hall Jr

Willie Fred Hall Jr

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Charles Scott

Charles Scott, Champion

• 3047 Posts
  • 1576 Reply Likes
Willie, when this happens, what is the statecode your modem is stuck at? What is the SQF (Signal Strength) when this happens? It can take several minutes to re-associate with a new gateway.

Also, after this happens, are you still able to access the terminal via 192.168.0.1 in your browser? It not, it is possible your router or computer isn't giving up the DHCP lease given to it, and obtaining a new one when needed, as your IP can and usually will change when the terminal reconnects on the other side.
Photo of sgoshe

sgoshe

• 5197 Posts
  • 3293 Reply Likes
Once again, the old plugging straight into the modem thing would at least tell him if it is the router causing the issue.

Good answer either way Charles.
Photo of Sara for Hughes

Sara for Hughes

• 4956 Posts
  • 200 Reply Likes
Willie, Charles has posed some great questions above - please elaborate and we'll work through this. Thank you, Sara

Willie Fred Hall Jr

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Response to Charles above......state code stuck at 0.0.0 Suz (Hughes ) informed me earlier that it was safe to post HT1100 serial # so here it is B30010032727A3 Hope it's OK........Technical Support is courteous and ineffective.....
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Hi Willie, state code 0.0.0 means that your system is up and fully operational. We are always happy to troubleshoot however. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the correct number and I am still unable to find you. Please feel free to send us your account number or the phone number associated with your account, the name on your account, your community name and a link to this thread to communitysupport@hughes.com. Once the email is received, we will access your account and troubleshooting notes to see what is happening. Suz
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Hi Willie, I've received you email. I'll post back as soon as I have an update for you. Suz
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Hi Willie, I have attempted to connect to your system but I'm not able to connect. Please let me know if your modem is turned off or LAN cable unplugged.

Suz

Willie Fred Hall Jr

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, it has been off. I will leave it on until I hear from you again. Thanks!
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Thanks Willie! Suz
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Hi Willie, I'm not finding any red flags on my end so we'll need to troubleshoot with you in real time. Please expect a call from us in the next day or two so that we can figure out what is happening with your modem.

Suz
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Hi again Willie, I've just checked your troubleshooting notes and I'm very happy to see that when we called you, you stated that everything is now working fine.

If you have further questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Suz