Spaceway Service Outage (HN9000 model systems)

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This thread has been archived for one of these reasons: -thread is a one-off subscriber-specific issue and has been resolved, or inactive for an extended period of time and will not provide future value to another user. -information within the thread is o

We are currently experiencing a service outage impacting a portion of our network. Currently, plans are in place to restore the network by 12:00 noon EST. Should there be any changes impacting this schedule, an update will be posted here in the HughesNet community. We appreciate your patience. Thank you
Photo of Sara for Hughes

Sara for Hughes

• 4956 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of oldradartech

oldradartech

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Cold restart on everything. Initialization stuck on downloading commissioning software. 3800 packets received from satellite. Local self test diagnostics good. Signal strength excellent.
Spent 30 minutes on hold after midnight east coast.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Outage?.
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Should we just shut modem off completely or allow the modem to attempt to reboot continuously?
Photo of Sharla Nickell

Sharla Nickell

• 29 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
THANKS for the update, so glad I can go somewhere that has connection all the time and read Hughes notices,
Photo of Chris Gawlik

Chris Gawlik

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
;-)
Photo of Charles McCool

Charles McCool, Champion

• 3331 Posts
  • 1505 Reply Likes
Thats pretty fast if you can get a tech to go to space and fix the sat. and be done by noon, LOL
Photo of Cherie Kuehlewind Guinn

Cherie Kuehlewind Guinn

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So over this problem! Not too much left of contract.
Photo of Karen Klomparens

Karen Klomparens

• 34 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Feel the same way Cherie
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 161 Reply Likes
Hi Cherie and firensand, please know that we are working as quickly as we can to restore the system and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Suz
Photo of Toni Daigneault Robinson

Toni Daigneault Robinson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just got mine back on now..So do we get compensated for the lost work we could not do this morning

Toni Daigneault Robinson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Oh forgot to say Thank you for getting it back on I really do appreciate it but it is still frustrating when I can't get back to customers online
Photo of Pamela Marloff Graham

Pamela Marloff Graham

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Where is this outage? I have no access at ALL so I'm assuming I'm affected, in Western PA?
Photo of Karen Klomparens

Karen Klomparens

• 34 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I'm in west Mi
Photo of Taylor Klett

Taylor Klett

• 161 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
An earlier thread, which didn't get merged properly into this one, indicated it was a universal HN9000 problem on Spaceway 3. I'm in Texas.
Photo of Boo Morsack Knapp

Boo Morsack Knapp

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
we have checked for snow in the dish & it's clear. however we have no Internet or email. not happy...

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
No system light - no Internet! Have rebooted several times. Checked for snowin.
Photo of Chris Gawlik

Chris Gawlik

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
March of last year this exact problem occured and it was not up and running untill the following day. It would be nice to have our service back but im betting it will be tomorrow

Pamela Marloff Graham

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay, so it's safe to assume this is covering a large area? I too cleared the snow from my dish, which I thought initially may have been the issue...to no avail. Hope they keep us updated anyway.
Photo of Guy Wolgamott II

Guy Wolgamott II

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's out in Michigan as well... its an HN9000 issue... had my fiance call to figure out what was wrong and they hung up on her... awesome. Figured out what was wrong when got to work this morning and looked on the blog.

Thought it was a storm then my modem... at least its their end I guess.. hopefully its up when I get home.

Pamela Marloff Graham

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I tried to call...busy busy busy.
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 161 Reply Likes
Hi Pamela, because of the outage we are currently experiencing a higher than normal call volume. Suz
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
SUZ could you please answer my question at the top of this thread please? We are also totally getting fed up with this Hughes Service...half the time it DOES work, you cannot do video, you cannot watch a video, you cannot download anything cause it kicks you right off the internet...what a great service HughesNet has!
Photo of Taylor Klett

Taylor Klett

• 161 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Tina, don't take this to the bank, but I was told by the tech person (at 3:00 am) not to turn off the modem. But, I really would also like to know if Suz or Sara agree with this. The person didn't seem too sharp on the other end.
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 161 Reply Likes
Hi Taylor, thanks for your post. Modems should be left on in order to receive updates and other data which needs to be sent to the modem, however if the modem is shutting down and restarting over and over again, it can always be shut down for the moment. It would need to be turned on again periodically of course to receive any information that we need to send to it, and to see if the system has been restored. Suz
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 161 Reply Likes
Hi Tina, scratch that. Since systems are reconnecting again, please do leave your modem on right now. Suz
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No, not any other issues than the ones that are already listed here...just didn't know if it was good for the modem to keep rebooting for hours over and over again...thank you for finally answering my simple question :)
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 161 Reply Likes
Hi Tina, if your modem is rebooting continuously, I would turn it off for now. If you have a concern with your system that is not related to this specific outage, then please start a new topic elaborating on your specific concerns with your system including any error messages and symptoms along with a recent case number so that I can access your account details and troubleshooting notes. We are here to help. Thanks, Suz
Photo of Laura Butler Brown

Laura Butler Brown

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My HN9000 has been down since last night. BUT, it just came back up and all is working normal. Has been frusterating , but glad its back up and running!
Laura
Photo of Laura Butler Brown

Laura Butler Brown

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im on North Alabama
Photo of Brett Aquila

Brett Aquila

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm up!!!! I'm up!!!! It's back on for me.....we'll see if it lasts

Toni Daigneault Robinson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine too..I'm in SW Georgia
Photo of Charles McCool

Charles McCool, Champion

• 3331 Posts
  • 1505 Reply Likes
Mine is back up

Pamela Marloff Graham

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine is back on...anyone else?
Photo of jeffrey glover

jeffrey glover

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine is up.
Photo of sunsluv

sunsluv

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Out here in Arizona too!
Photo of Sara for Hughes

Sara for Hughes

• 4956 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
Photo of Suz

Suz

• 6197 Posts
  • 161 Reply Likes
Services have been restored http://community.myhughesnet.com/hugh...

Suz

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.