Web Accelerator Keeps Disabling on my HT1000 Modem

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: -it’s a subscriber-specific issue that’s been resolved/inactive for a long time -it’s inactive and doesn’t provide future value -the info is out of date Archived threads on useful topics will be updated and reposted for all to access.

Is anyone else having issues with Gen4? My web accelerator keeps puking/disabling and all I get are excuses after numerous calls to HughesNet and multitudes of case numbers.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Me no 2MN

Me no 2

• 35 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I also am having this problem. My case # is 33881420. Told the lady that called this evening that I had no concerns about my speeds but she did something anyway and now it is much worst. I have web accelerator errors.
Photo of Anne VastaAV

Anne Vasta

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am having the same exact problem with my Gen4! For weeks now it is giving me messages that web acceleration is in backoff state. Then it disables and bounces off, then starts. Everything loads extremely slow or times out, this goes on for hours. When I call hughesnet i get a message that there is a high volume of calls and to call back. I am fed up with the nonsense to try to have the internet work for one day without an issue. This is deplorable, and hughesnet needs to step up to the plate and do something!
Photo of Snow

Snow

• 813 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Anne, we are here to help. Please post your case number so that I can access your troubleshooting notes. Thanks, Snow
Photo of Anne VastaAV

Anne Vasta

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Debbie I agree with you 100%. I did try the disable web acceleration and reset, when I did things loaded even slower but I didnt get booted off as many times. If thats the case though, then I might as well go back to my old plan. Even then for the past three years my computer was constantly being disconnected and I called everyone, everywhere to try to figure it out. When the tech man came to set up gen4, he said my gps coordinates had been put in wrong years back and it was about 250 miles away from my home, so i was intermittenly receiving signals. 3 or 4 years went by and no one could help me. Yes i know i was the one who kept the service, but out where I live there was no other. I will say the first 3 or 4 weeks with Gen4 was the best connection I ever had. I knew though that it would be short lived. I was almost ready to give high praise to Hughesnet for finally coming around the bend and being an internet provider I would be glad to to tell people about. Up until then it became embarrassing to say who I had. I am not the type of person to complain. I will wait and be patient and try all avenues to fix a problem. I know Snow asked me for the all encompassing case number that seems to be the biggest concern of those who work for hughesnet. With or without it my internet is horrible. And no i dont have one yet because every time I call I get a voice message that says there is a high volume of calls, please call back. On 11/17/12 my service went completely out for almost two days and since then it has not been worth crap. I dont need a case number to tell me that. I will call today again and keep calling till I get through, but I will not be pacified once I get through. I know Hughesnet knows exactly why we are all having web accelleration messages and being booted off constantly. I cant even find a definition of what the message, web accelleration is in back off state, means. Everytime I go on SCC my status is in yellow and there are red checkmarks all over the place. And Im sure when i run a speed test its going to read normal or a little above, of course it will. I havent seen anybody yet who has done the test say their speeds were slow during the test. But running the test isnt keeping me connected to the internet nor is it explaining why everything loads so flipping slow. If they screwed up with something they are doing or trying to do then they need to step up and admit it. Tell us why we are paying for lousy service. But do not mislead and be vague and play the lets check your hook up first then well try something else game. I am well past that stage. I would love to have the Hughesnet executives come to my house and use my computer and need to get work completed and then have to deal with just trying to get the computer to run for hours. See how quickly they would get it corrected then. Well Im going to send Snow a portion of this extremely long message, explaining to her that while I appreciate any help i can get, I will not be snowed!
Photo of Anne VastaAV

Anne Vasta

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Snow I am sending you this message I just sent to Debbie, who posted on here before me. I want you to read my message so you can get a little insight into my stituation and maybe understand where my views are coming from. This is not new to me nor is it surprising to me. I will say this much though, for the first 3 or 4 weeks that I had Gen4 it was a great service, without almost any problems. But after 11/17/12 it all went downhill, quickly. Please read the rest of my message, and dont telll me I need a case number, it will be coming as soon as I can get throught to your phone lines, along with numerous others Im sure before this is taken care of. This is where I started my message to Debbie so please read from here on. Debbie I agree with you 100%. I did try the disable web acceleration and reset, when I did things loaded even slower but I didnt get booted off as many times. If thats the case though, then I might as well go back to my old plan. Even then with my old plan during the past three years my computer was constantly being disconnected and I called everyone, everywhere to try to figure it out. When the tech man came to set up gen4, he said my gps coordinates had been put in wrong years back and it was about 250 miles away from my home, so i was intermittenly receiving signals. 3 or 4 years went by and no one could help me. Yes i know i was the one who kept the service, but out where I live there was no other. I will say the first 3 or 4 weeks with Gen4 was the best connection I ever had. I knew though that it would be short lived. I was almost ready to give high praise to Hughesnet for finally coming around the bend and being an internet provider I would be glad to to tell people about. Up until then it became embarrassing to say who I had. I am not the type of person to complain. I will wait and be patient and try all avenues to fix a problem. I know Snow asked me for the all encompassing case number that seems to be the biggest concern of those who work for hughesnet. With or without it my internet is horrible. And no i dont have one yet because every time I call I get a voice message that says there is a high volume of calls, please call back. On 11/17/12 my service went completely out for almost two days and since then it has not been worth crap. I dont need a case number to tell me that. I will call today again and keep calling till I get through, but I will not be pacified once I get through. I know Hughesnet knows exactly why we are all having web accelleration messages and being booted off constantly. I cant even find a definition of what the message, web accelleration is in back off state, means. Everytime I go on SCC my status is in yellow and there are red checkmarks all over the place. And Im sure when i run a speed test its going to read normal or a little above, of course it will. I havent seen anybody yet who has done the test say their speeds were slow during the test. But running the test isnt keeping me connected to the internet nor is it explaining why everything loads so flipping slow. If they screwed up with something they are doing or trying to do then they need to step up and admit it. Tell us why we are paying for lousy service. But do not mislead and be vague and play the lets check your hook up first then well try something else game. I am well past that stage. I would love to have the Hughesnet executives come to my house and use my computer and need to get work completed and then have to deal with just trying to get the computer to run for hours. See how quickly they would get it corrected then. Well Im going to send Snow a portion of this extremely long message, explaining to her that while I appreciate any help i can get, I will not be snowed!
Photo of Snow

Snow

• 813 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Anne, to make sure that we address your specific concerns and to ensure that we see all your posts, I have taken the liberty of creating a new topic from your posts. Please refer here to see my response. Thanks, Snow Please reference the new topic here: Web acceleration and slow loading.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I'm tired of doing self diagnostics, but here's something you can try. On your System Info page, click on the "i" icon (very difficult to see, upper right next to System Information), choose Web Acceleration, then Control, disable web acceleration, hit submit, Then reset MBX Control, re-enable web acceleration. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and is usually only temporary, but it's a pain in the arse to have to keep doing this.

I agree that HughesNet needs to step up to the plate and quit playing games. If they think we're stupid about this stuff, we're not.

I'm about to demand my old service back or quit them altogether and go to another service. I'm sick to freaking death of this.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Here are a list of my recent case numbers: 868644088, 33870846, 33887993. Hey Hughesnet, JUST GET IT FIXED.
Photo of Snow

Snow

• 813 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Debbie, I have just accessed your troubleshooting notes. Please expect a call from us today. Snow
Photo of diablo

diablo

• 399 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
The issue is related to TCP connection amounts it looks like, they are aware of the issue and are working towards a fix I think...

Basically, there are too many connections at one time (a single web page could have 100+ constant connections) and the system bogs down, thus getting the 11.x.x and 12.x.x state codes.

Diablo, if you are gaming, or download things, keep an eye on that list and see if 12.3.2 goes up... The main issue is 12.3.2 and 12.4.1, 12.3.4 is related to 12.3.2, as would be 12.3.3.

Also, if you get a 11.1.4, it can cause 12.3.2, 12.3.3, 12.3.4, and 12.4.1 one right after the other.

I smell a patch that fixes these issues most are seeing, and im willing to be the ones complaining about bad speeds have similar state code checks.
-Said by CORROSIVE88
Photo of Oregon Pixels

Oregon Pixels

• 10 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
After some issues sending username/passwords to certain sites I disabled web acceleration and did not notice a degradation of my online experience, so, I just leave it off these days...............
Photo of John adams

John adams

• 30 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
good to know. tell us exactly how you disabled web acceleration.
Photo of Sara for Hughes

Sara for Hughes

• 4956 Posts
  • 200 Reply Likes
John, please find the instructions here http://community.myhughesnet.com/hugh...
Photo of Sara for Hughes

Sara for Hughes

• 4956 Posts
  • 200 Reply Likes
Me no 2, thanks for providing your case number but I see that you haven't called us to address this. Before I identify a trend I need to be able to say that we've troubleshot and confirmed this isn't a user or a setting error. Please reconnect with us.

Debbie, thank you for the case number.... I see you touched base with us yesterday but it doesn't look like we fully addressed your concerns so we will touch base with you today.

Anne, if you'd like help please post your case number pertaining to your concern.

Thank you, Sara
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have yet to hear from anyone, and it's happening again. Unlike John's experience, it slows my computer way down and doesn't allow me access to my usual sites like Tweetdeck, Facebook and Yahoo mail. The places where I spend most of my time.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I constantly have to reset my MBX control. That should not be.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I just turned my Norton 360 Firewall off and web accelerator seems to be happy now. Could that have something to do with it? I can't leave the Firewall turned off.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
On the phone with Hughes again,
Photo of Harry LindenfeldHL

Harry Lindenfeld

• 364 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Well, there is your problem Debbie, most serious internet users know enough to stay away from Norton or Mcafee....Norton and Mcafee both are famous for taking more control of your computer and network...I'm using Eset NOD32 for antivirus and security and windows firewall and never got a virus in over 7 yrs. www.eset.com
I forgot to ask are you running windows 7?
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Norton was not the problem, and I am well satisfied with Norton360 after having megatudes of problems with prior Norton products.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes, Windows7 and I brought Norton360 with me from Vista. I would say Norton 360 is one of their best products ever and I'm not a fan.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Okay, just got off the phone with advanced support. If you upgraded to HughesNet from an earlier version, you need to get rid of the split cable and get and ISL cable that both sends and transmits. I feel so much better now. Tech is supposed to contact me to replace the cable. Have to tell you, I wondered about that.
Photo of diablo

diablo

• 399 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Ohh?? I asked my HT1000 Gen4 installer if a new cable has to be installed and he replied to me with: "no" so someones lieing to me, or someone lied to you... Or did my installer not know anything about HN?

Harry Lindenfeld

• 364 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
diablo when the installer did my install he said he didn't need to change the cable and it only needed one cable instead of two. so I have one cable just rolled up and set aside. It looks like regular coax cable. I'm interested to fine out what ISL cable is?
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I'll let you know.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
an* ISL cable
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
It only makes sense that if the old modem had two connections and the new one has one, that obviously a new cable is in order. I have been told so many things by the lower techies, my head was about to explode. Request to talk to advanced tech if you've been through the 3 weeks of internet he** I have been through.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
If you noticed, the old modem had two connections: SAT in and SAT out. The HT1000 has one connection that handles both. Why their techs don't know this is beyond me. The advanced guy told me it was emphasized to all of them.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
AND I have to wonder why the HughesNet moderators in here didn't ask more questions. Just sayin.
Photo of diablo

diablo

• 399 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
that obviously a new cable is in order.
-Said by DebbieWilliams

That will require an entire new modem and possibly satellite, but if your using the one with just the one cable and you done got it all installed and your wanting the one with two hock ups. you know what this means? you gotta wait 2 whole years untill you can get that modem unless you feel like paying for service for 1 operational modem (modem with two hock ups) and 1 unoperational (modem with just 1 hock up)

If someone says "yes" to this, I think i'm gonna loose it.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Are you using two versions of HN? I wouldn't think you could.
Photo of diablo

diablo

• 399 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
atm? no, i'm not, iam using just the HT1000 Gen4 with just one of the split cables from our old HN7000
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
You need to contact HughesNet and demand to talk to advanced support. It only makes sense that if the new modem has one contact for in/out that it needs a new cable for both. The split cable was one for in, one for out.

Harry Lindenfeld

• 364 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Date/Time Down(kbps) Up(kbps)
12/12/2012 17:58:47 12820 734
12/12/2012 17:56:48 15297 555
12/12/2012 16:54:39 15384 975
12/12/2012 16:53:59 15333 1041
12/12/2012 16:53:28 15442 690
12/12/2012 16:52:30 15319 1268

It sounds to me like just maybe someone is blowing smoke. The above speed test are mine from earlier this evening. Why would I called advanced Tech Support about a new cable when I'm just using one of the two cables that I had on my HN9000 modem.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Speed tests mean nothing if your modem is working. My modem is not working properly, I've been told as much by HughesNet tech.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
@diablo When you got your Gen4, did you get a new satellite? I did. This will be slow posting, web acceleration has puked again.
Photo of diablo

diablo

• 399 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
yep, new satellite dish, new transponder, new modem... all except the cable
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Me too, cable seems to be the problem.
Photo of Sherri Rankin Johnson

Sherri Rankin Johnson

• 41 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I'm confused. They used the old cable here too. But with only one of the cables hooked up to the HT1000 modem. So I wonder if I need new cable too. I am having web acceleration error every night. Been like this for at least a week.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Welcome to my world, Sherri. At least one call to HughesNet per night if not more. If the new cable does it, great. I'm supposed to be contacted by the field tech to come and do it. That would explain the comment I got the other night that things "inside and out" needed to be changed. I wish HughesNet would just tell you what the problem is. You know they have to know.
Photo of Snow

Snow

• 813 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Sherri, I have taken the liberty of posting a new thread from your post to ensure that we see all of your posts and that we are able to address your concerns quickly. We are here to help you in any way that we can, but need to keep the community organized in order to do so. Thanks, Snow Please reference the new topic here: Web acceleration errors.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This is the best definition I could find of ISL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_In... If you can understand it, you're a better man/woman than I am. I only know that if your hardware has only one plug-in, you'd better get it plugged into the right thing and not be coiling up wires that might have been necessary to something else but cause you problems now. We used to be able to do that, but computer systems are far more sophisticated now, which is what we love about them. But only if they work. Hello, HughesNet, are you listening? Get web accelerator working, please, and tell us what we need to do to get that done. Thank you.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes, Sherri. I think you do need a new cable from the satellite to the modem. Call HughesNet and demand to speak to advanced support. Once again, the old modems had two cables SAT (satellite) in and SAT out. The HT1000 has one connection only for both. This seems to be a common problem.
Photo of DebbieWilliams

DebbieWilliams

• 49 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Is there anyone here from HughesNet who can speak to this problem?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.